Frequently Asked Questions
Why aren't my Compassion MyAccount log-in credentials working on DonorDrive?
At this time, the DonorDrive platform does not immediately sync up and recognize your email and password with Compassion’s account on our main website. We are, however, able to link donations to your account with us after processing your payment.
To make your donation, here are steps you can take:
- Click the link or scan the QR code you received about a cause —this link will allow us to be able to match your activity once logged into the platform for the first time to link it to your Compassion account.
- Click Donate and process your donation as a first time user—entering in your name, email, payment method you prefer, and additional required info to create an account.
- Once your donation is made, it will be processed and added to your account you have with us, which will show up in your account online as well as on any financial statements you request from us.
- For future donations you might want to make, you will then be able to log in and process future payments.
Who is Compassion International?
Compassion International is a child development organization that partners with 25 countries around the world to release children and their families from poverty in Jesus' name. Through this partnership, we provide culturally appropriate child development programs to combat economic, physical, social and spiritual poverty. Our ultimate goal is to enable children to become responsible, fulfilled adults while forming, motivating and equipping others to advocate for them.
What is Compassion's mission statement?
Releasing children from poverty in Jesus' name.
How does Compassion work?
Compassion is known for its sponsorship program, though there are many other ways to get involved. Through sponsorship, an individual has the opportunity to pour into the life of a specific child through letter-writing, gift-giving and monthly donations toward opportunities provided at the child development center, ranging from education to health care.
Sponsorship is not the only way to come alongside those in poverty; at Compassion, supporters can also contribute to specific causes through donating to various funds related to water, disaster relief, income generation and more.
Where does Compassion work?
Today, Compassion works in 25 countries.
- In Africa, we work in Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Togo and Uganda.
- In Central America, we work in the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua and Mexico.
- In South America, we work in Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru.
- In Asia, we work in Bangladesh, Indonesia, the Philippines, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
What makes Compassion stand out among other child development and/or sponsorship organizations?
Compassion has four very distinct values:
- Christ-Centered. Without coercion, we teach the life-changing gospel to every child in a culturally relevant way.
- Child-Focused. Our ministry directly engages each child as a complete person.
- Church-Based. We choose to partner with the local church as a group of believers who can teach, train and mentor children. This is done in partnership with parents and the community.
- Committed to Integrity. We commit to excellence and integrity to best benefit the children we serve. We commit to help children, families and churches create relevant child development activities. We commit to the highest professional and biblical principles.
Do children have to become Christians to continue receiving help from Compassion?
No. Regardless of a child's faith, they are welcome to partake in all activities and benefit from all opportunities available at the frontline church partner. However, Compassion's program is unapologetically Christian. While we do not coerce children or their families to become Christ-followers, we do give them the opportunity to see living faith in action, hear the gospel and be taught in the ways of Christ.